Monday, May 29, 2006

The queen of the jungle



(Canon S2IS, f/3.5 at 1/160 s focal length 1815 mm)


(Canon S2IS, f/3.5 at 1/500 s focal length 454 mm)


(Canon S2IS, f/3.5 at 1/500 s focal length 135 mm)


(Canon S2IS, f/3.5 at 1/160 s focal length 565 mm)

These pics were once again shot on the safari in Bannerghatta Biological park, Bangalore. I hate the caged look provided by the mesh, but these snaps are taken near the entrance of the enclosure and thus give the impression of a cramped place. The lions actually have quite a big enclosure to roam around. Although they do not hunt, they are still pretty aggressive. I didnt spot an adult male, but these lionesses sure made up for it. Their gait demanded fear and awe amongst all of us. I like the pic showing a lioness with a butterfly perched on top...a classic beauty and the beast snap...These pics are not my best , but who cares.. I captured the queen of the jungle!! :)