Thursday, March 05, 2009

Bombay Meri Jaan - Mumbai University


Mumbai University in all its grandeur - Doesnt it look like Rome?
(Panasonic Lumix FZ50 at 1/640s, f/4.5 ISO 100)

The lovely arched corridors 
(Panasonic Lumix FZ50 at 1/250s, f/3.6 ISO 100)

The gatekeeper
(Panasonic Lumix FZ50 at 1/20s , f/3.6 ISO 400)

I love the last snap. It takes one back in time. The lady at the gate seems to be caught in a world of her own. Having to sit behind the gates all day makes it look like she is behind bars. The glow on her face, the shining eyes, her majestic pose... immortal. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi
    Thanks for having a look at my blog. I think i'll also keep on checking your pictures regularly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Looks like Rome doesn't it?"

    My word, it does! Excellent shots. Fitting tribute to the one-of-a-kind city!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came here through your comment on my blog. Thanks for visiting!

    Love how you have captured Mumbai thro' your lens! Having lived there practically my entire life, these are more than just images to me.
    Love the first shot of the university. Been there so many times, but have never seen the beauty in it at the time.
    I'm going to come back later when I have some more time.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice documentation. Your photography is improving a lot. It is good that you can notice what makes a good image. It is also important that you are making good use of geometrical patterns. You are doing pretty well my friend. Carry on.

    ReplyDelete